If you are a speaker or want to position yourself as a speaker, one simple yet highly effective tool to have at the ready is a speaker’s one-sheet. A one-sheet is a snapshot of your expertise and why an organization should book you as their speaker. It’s called a one-sheet because it fits on one piece of paper, usually front and back.
When event planners book speakers, they are thinking of questions such as: “What do you speak about?” or “How do you help organizations?” or “Who else have you spoken for?” or “Will our audience be receptive to what you have to say and how you say it?”
Your one-sheet provides a concise way to answer these critical questions and more. Here is what you need to include on your speaker’s one-sheet:
- Target audience
- Benefits of booking you
- Partial client list
- Contact Info
- Personality photos of you or photos of you speaking
- Link to a samples of you speaking
- Your brand colors, fonts, imagery, look and feel
- Your tagline or moniker – something that sets you apart
- Expert status credibility boosters such as key media coverage and images of your products (books, ebooks, DVD courses, etc.)
Once you have your speaker’s one sheet, there are several things you can do with it. Here are just a few.
- Post it on your web site as a downloadable PDF.
- Email it to a few associations, corporations or other organizations who may be interested in having you speak to their audience.
- When you meet people who have access to your audience, ask if you can follow up by emailing your speaker’s one sheet. You’ll be seen as an expert who is prepared and professional.
There are other ways to use your speaker’s sheet. We would love to hear your ideas. Please share them in the comments below!
© 2012 Meredith Liepelt, Rich Life Marketing
Meredith Liepelt, CEO of Rich Life Marketing, offers a free report called “101 Ways to Attract Ideal Clients, Build Your List and Raise Your Profile,” which can be downloaded immediately at www.RichLifeMarketing.com.
This article may be reprinted when the copyright and author bio are included.